The Reverend Dr John Kwasi Fosu is an ordained Baptist minister of the Ghana Baptist Convention of West Africa and the Federal Union of Free-Evangelical Churches (Baptisten) in Germany (BEFG). He is the Church planter and the Pastor in charge of Amazing Grace Baptist Church, Hamburg. Dr Fosu is also a Senior Lecturer at the Ghana Baptist University College, Kumasi.
Prior to receiving a scholarship by the Mission Academy of the University of Hamburg, Germany to pursue a Doctoral programme in Theology, Dr Fosu served as a Lecturer at the Ghana Baptist University College, Kumasi for four years. He also served as the Dean of Students in charge of the School of Theology and Ministry, Abuakwa Campus. His major areas of specialization and interest in Lectureship at the University included New Testament Studies and Greek, African Pentecostalism and Charismatism and Theology of Development and Christian Education. Dr. Fosu has also served as Adjunct Lecturer in theology at Christian Service University College, Kumasi Ghana.
Dr Fosu has also ever served as Pastor of Solid Rock Baptist Church, Kumasi for nine years and later served as a Minister in Charge of Full Gospel Baptist Church, Asokore Mampong – Kumasi for three years.
In his educational carrier, Dr. Fosu holds Doctor of Theology (Dr. theol.) from the University of Hamburg, Germany; Master of Theology from Trinity Theological Seminary, Legon – Accra, Ghana. He also holds Bachelor of Theology (BTh) from University of Cape Coast and Ghana Baptist University College, Kumasi as affiliate institutions; Diploma in Biblical Studies from Christian Service University College, Kumasi; Diploma in Theology from the University of Ghana, Legon – Accra; and A 3-year Post Secondary Teacher’s Certificate ‘A’ from St. Joseph’s College of Education, Bechem and University of Cape Coast, Ghana as affiliate institutions. Rev. Fosu is a member of Society of Biblical Literature (SBL), Neotestamentica, and Ghana Baptist Ministers’ Conference (GBMC). He is the author of the following books:
- Fosu, John Kwasi. Pentecostalism and Charismatism: A Ghanaian Perspective: Kumasi: Glocal Publications, 2022.
- Fosu, John Kwasi. Introduction to Christian Ethics. Kumasi: Glocal Publications, 2022.
- Fosu, John Kwasi. Theology of Development. Kumasi: Glocal Publications, 2022.
- Fosu, John Kwasi. Experiences of Pneumatic Phenomena in Contemporary Ghanaian Christianity as appropriations of 1 Cor 12 –14: A critical analysis. Hamburg: Missionshilfe Verlag, 2019.
- Fosu, John Kwasi. Christology: Rediscovering Christ’s Life and Teachings. Kumasi: Shalom Press, 2013.
- Fosu, John Kwasi. Principles of Stewardship and Wealth Creation. Kumasi: MOCI – Shalom, 2015.
- Fosu, John Kwasi. Impacting your Generation: Discovering the Dynamics of Leaving Lasting Legacy. Kumasi: MOCI -Shalom Press, 2015 and Co-authorship:
- Fosu, John Kwasi & Fosu, Mary. Dynamics of Christian Education: A Ghanian Perspective. Hamburg: Missionshilfe Verlag, 2020.
Dr Fosu is happily married to Rev. Mary Fosu of Grace Baptist Church, Kumasi Ghana and are blessed with three children: Nyameama Pokuaa-Fosu, Nyameye-Nyame Fosu and Nyameadom Pokuaa-Fosu.